800 US Academics warn of coming Israeli ethnic cleansing

Paul Flewers hatchet.job at virgin.net
Thu Dec 19 15:19:38 MST 2002

List members may be interested in this message I received from Moshé
Machover

Paul F

800 U.S. Academics warn of coming Israeli ethnic cleansing

Earlier this year, 187 Israeli professors signed an "Urgent Warning" letter
titled "The Israeli government may be contemplating crimes against
humanity."

Today, 800 American professors have signed a similar document, warning of
coming Israeli ethnic cleansing, that concludes:

"We join with our Israeli colleagues in calling for vigilance as events
unfold in Israel and the Occupied Territories. With an average of more than
$10 million dollars per day of American tax dollars going to Israel, we
believe Americans cannot remain silent while crimes as abhorrent as ethnic
cleansing are being openly advocated.

We urge our government to communicate clearly to the government of Israel
that the expulsion of people according to race, religion or nationality
would constitute crimes against humanity and will not be tolerated."

For the full report, see:
http://electronicIntifada.net/v2/article989.shtml