DSP & SP dirty laundry

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Thu Dec 19 21:32:26 MST 2002

I have *tried*  to understand how a DSPer being a witness to an alleged
assault on a third party by the SP guy makes this a case where "one Marxist
group takes another to court."

Moreover, what is being demanded of the DSP by the SP seems completely
irresponsible. Presumably the DSP'ers account that he gave the police is his
or her best recollection of the events. Asking the DSP person to change it
exposes that DSP'er to charges of perjury and to those that asked him --the
members of the SP and DSP leading committees-- to charges of subornation of
perjury, assuming Australian law is not too different on this point from the
American. In the United States it could also mean charges brought against
the groups as such under RICO (Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt
Organizations Act). I don't know if you have an Australian equivalent to
this latter law.

José