Disacknowledgements

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 20 09:39:21 MST 2002

(From http://www.disacknowledged.org, the website of Chris Brown, a U.
Cal-Santa Barbara who unsuccessfully sued to be able to include the
following 'disacknowledgement' in his Masters Thesis.)

Disacknowledgements

I would like to offer special Disacknowledgements to the following
degenerates for being an ever-present hindrance during my graduate career…

To the Dean and staff of the Graduate Division,

             You fascists are the largest argument against higher
education there has ever been. Any claims you make as an ally and
resource for students is an utter sham. All dealings with you have ended
in sheer frustration. I'd rather take a hot stick in the eye then deal
with your bureaucratic nonsense. An especial disacknowledgement to David
Fishman whose officious, blind devotion to absurd rules provides
disservice to both education and the university.

To the entire management of the Davidson Library,

             Your strict adherence to self-serving draconian policy has
made it a supreme displeasure to work in your vicinity. Incomprehensible
fines, unwillingness to help and general poor attitude has made most
library visits an ogre. I trust your incompetence will preside over the
continued decline in library quality.

To Professor Fred Wudl (formerly of UCSB, tenured at UCLA),

             For failing to realize that your professorship and tenure
doesn't give you the privilege of disrespectful and cruel treatment of
your students and employees. Further, it has surprised me that your
arrogance and proclivity at being an ass can affect even those isolated
from your presence. It is my supreme pleasure to never have associations
with you again.

To Former Governor Pete Wilson,

A supreme government jerk who has personally overseen the demise of the
university. You policies have 1) raised tuition and fees fourfold since
my first association with the university, 2) dismantled and traded some
of the most competent senior faculty, and 3) generally hurt as many
people as possible. For these, I wish you to never wield any
governmental power again as you have surely proved your ineptitude.

To the UC Regents,

             Whose continued suppression of graduate students, your most
loyal employees, serves as a paragon of corrupt management. May your
continually biased and corrupt practices be fraught with continued
controversies brought upon by the students who you offer a fatuous
disservice.

And

To Science,

             For being a hollow specter of what you should be. Your
vapid conceits have rendered those in your pursuit lifeless, unfeeling
zombies. If I can forever escape you, the better I will be.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org