Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Dec 21 07:08:19 MST 2002

I don't want to single anybody out, but I have some concerns about the
large number of newspaper articles that were posted to Marxmail today and
the failure to trim them down. It should be sufficient to supply the first
3 or 4 paragraphs and a url. Furthermore, the main purpose of the list is
debate and discussion, not information. Barry Stoller has a Yahoo email
list called Proletarian News or something like that. We don't need to
replicate that here. Finally, there are significant costs associated with
large quantities of crossposted material, both to me as list owner since I
pay for bytes transmitted and to 3rd world subscribers who have to pay for
expensive dial-up connections.