`I never met James Kilgore but I know and respect John Pape'

glparramatta glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Wed Dec 25 17:50:27 MST 2002

For US comrades in the SF Bay area,

I don't know how much coverage the capture and trial of James Kilgore is
getting there, but I am sure he is being painted as a terrible
terrorist. Here is some information to counter this campaign. As the
article below explains, Kilgore was known as John Pape in South Africa
and his supporters would appreciate it if US comrades could help in
spreading the word about Pape's present-day activities and role. I do
not know where in SF John is being held and if it is possible for
comrades to make contact with him, but I'm sure he wouild appreciate a
visit or a letter.

In solidarity,

Norm Dixon.

SOUTH AFRICA: Activists pay tribute to `fugitive' John Pape
BY PATRICK BOND

JOHANNESBURG - On November 8, James Kilgore, the last fugitive member of
the 1970s US terrorist group, the Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA), was
arrested in Cape Town. He was known in South Africa as John Pape, the
respected left and labour movement activist. Across the region, there
has been an outpouring of support for Pape from comrades, friends and
mainstream colleagues who worked with him during his Southern African
sojourn.

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/12/1551766.php