Koreans call for Dec. 31 NYC protest -- a GREAT way to spend New Year's Eve

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Sun Dec 29 17:59:25 MST 2002

Sisters & Brothers--

May I commend the following demonstration....

--John

From: Todd Eaton <redscares at mindspring.com>
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: Tu, 31st: Candlelight vigil for Korean girls killed by US army
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:25:15 -0500

* 6 pm Tuesday December 31st:  corner 32nd Street and Broadway
* these folks spoke at a DRUM & detentions event  recently

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002  From: Carol <radred at ix.netcom.com>   From: "David
Pugh" <dpugh at igc.org>    To: "Education Committee"
AntiwarEducation at yahoogroups.com>,  "AWOLc/oCCCO" <awol at objector.org>,
"War Resisters League" <wrl at warresisters.org> Subject: Candlelight vigil
for Korean girls killed by US army  Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 20:32:25

CANDLELIGHT VIGIL FOR TWO KOREAN GIRLS KILLED BY U.S. MILITARY

Koreans Ask Friends and Allies for Solidarity on New Year's Eve

On New Year's Eve, there will be candlelight vigils all over the
world to remember Shin Hyo-soon and Shim Mi-sun, two junior high school
students recently killed by the U.S. military in Korea.
(For more information on the deaths, go to www.nodutdol.com).
As we ring in the New Year, the Korean people are determined to continue
the struggle for self-determination and liberation, this year, and every
year.
We rise in solidarity with millions around the world who call for peace and
reconciliation, instead of war and violence.

In remembering Hyo-soon and Mi-sun, the Korean people oppose the
violence of U.S. military occupation everywhere.  As we face a possible
escalation in President Bush's war, we ask our friends and allies to join
us as we cry for justice and peace in the coming year.

Our Demands:

1. We demand that the U.S. government reveal the truth about the deaths of
Hyo-Sun and Mi-Sun and countless other Koreans killed over the past five
decades by U.S. occupation troops.

2. We demand an end to the unfair and distorted relationship existing
between
the U.S. and Korea and the immediate withdrawal of the 37,000 U.S. troops
occupying the Korean Peninsula.

3. We demand a direct and public apology from President George W. Bush for
the murder of Hyo-Sun and Mi-Sun and the suffering endured by the Korean
people who have been victims of U.S. foreign policy.

KOREATOWN, MANHATTAN
6 pm Tuesday December 31st
@ 32nd Street and Broadway

Bring your own candles, banners, musical instruments.  Event sponsored by
Congress for Korean Reunification and Nodutdol for Korean Community
Development.   For more information, contact (646) 228-8139.