Only 19 days till January 18 protest-- -NY infornation

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 30 20:16:00 MST 2002

Along with the January 13 protest against the bombing of Vieques and the
February 15 national march, both in New York City, I believe that the
January 18 march in Washington is one of the must-attend events of the
antiwar fight.  I urge everyone to get their tickets now, and to get
everyone they know to do so.

There is virtually no such thing as a war that absolutely NOTHING can halt
or delay further, and we don't really know the exact combination of
worldwide protests, strikes, resistance,  uprisings, military resistance,
defiance by the oppressed, revolutions, divisions in ruling circles,
interimperialist conflicts,  and so forth in the world that can stall the
juggernaut, or divide the rulers and  force them to retreat after the war
opens.  For antiwar activists, the January 18 march is a vital way we can
contribute to this process. The following information came to me today from
ANSWER.
Fred Feldman

Only 19 Days Until the January 18, 2003 demonstration To
Stop the War on Iraq.

Reminders: New York City activist meetings, Monday,
December 30, 6:30 pm, and Tuesday, January 7 and 14, 6:30
pm, 39 West
14th Street, Room 206, between 5th and 6th Avenue,
Manhattan.

NYC BUS INFORMATION for the January 18 National Anti-War
March

New York A.N.S.W.E.R. is chartering a large number of
buses for the New York area to take demonstrators to
Washington, DC, on Saturday, January 18, 2003.

BUS DEPARTURE TIME AND LOCATIONS

Buses will depart at 6 am on Sat., January 18, from the
following NYC locations:

MANHATTAN
14 Street between 5th and 6th Aves.
96 Street and Broadway
125 Street and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd/7th Ave.
178 Street and Broadway
BROOKLYN
Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn Public Library (Flatbush and
Eastern Pkwy)
QUEENS
Queens Plaza North and Crescent St. (Queensboro Plaza
7/N/W station)

LONG ISLAND
Baldwin RR Station
Huntington RR Station
Stony Brook RR Station
Park and Ride, Long Island Expressway North side, Exit 63
Fairway Shopping Center, 50 Manetto Hill Rd, Plainview

NEW JERSEY
Journal Square Path Station, Jersey City, NJ

PURCHASING BUS TICKETS

To ride on a chartered bus, you need to purchase your bus
ticket in advance. Bus tickets will not be available for
sale at the buses Saturday morning. Round-trip tickets are
$35 ($30 for students and low income).

There are three ways you can purchase tickets:

PURCHASE AT THE OFFICE: Tickets can be purchased at the
International A.N.S.W.E.R. office until Thursday, January
16, 9 pm. Office hours are Monday - Friday 10 am-8 pm;
Saturday 11 am-7 pm. Office address is: 39 West 14 Street
#206, between 5th and 6th Avenues. Phone: 212-633-6646.

PURCHASE THROUGH THE MAIL: Tickets can be purchased
through the mail if we receive your check by Friday,
January 10. Write checks to International A.N.S.W.E.R.
Send the following information with your check: name,
address, phone, number of tickets you are purchasing, and
the bus departure location. Mail to 39 West 14 Street
#206, NY, NY 10011

PURCHASE ON-LINE: Tickets can be purchased on-line by
credit card through Leftbooks.com until Friday, January
10. Tickets are $35 + $1.50 service charge.

SELLING TICKETS ON CONSIGNMENT

You can get blocks of 10 tickets from the International
A.N.S.W.E.R. office for selling to friends, co-workers,
members of your group, church, school, union, etc.  Call
212-633-6646 for more information.

FOR GROUPS, SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, UNIONS, ETC.

Many groups and schools are chartering their own buses to
the march.  Please let the International A.N.S.W.E.R.
office know if you are organizing a bus.  Also, call the
office (212-633-6646) if you need information on bus
rental.  Bus packets, driving instructions and bus captain
orientations will be available by January 15.