Make an argument, please...(re: WSF)

Derrick O'Keefe sankara83 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:37:06 MST 2002

Patrick Bond,
>Comrade, like Chuck0 on Doug Henwood's list dissing Porto Alegre for being
>the preserve of yuppie NGOs, I don't think you should trash it so
>conclusively.

I wasn't trashing the WSF conclusively.  I simply forwarded an open letter
from Brazilian trade unionists that raises several points.  Are you refuting
their arguments that "civil society" is a disorienting concept or that the
participatory budget of Porto Alegre is far, far from a panacea?  The fact
that the World Bank president wasn't allowed to speak isn't irrefutable
evidence of correct politics.  Please, make an argument with your next
reply.

Derrick O'Keefe