World Social Forum and the trap of "Civil Society"

Carlos Eduardo Rebello crebello at antares.com.br
Sun Feb 3 21:12:31 MST 2002

> Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 21:05:34 +0200
> From: "Patrick Bond" <pbond at wn.apc.org>
> Subject: Re: Re:World Social Forum and the trap of "Civil Society".

Yes Patrick, they are there- as by the way the should - as they are in other
foruns. But that does not alter in a single iota the _overall_ political
significance of the event, that has been now throughly instrumentalized by
French Social-Democracy, the moderates of the PT, and other which represent
the most hollow and noxious kind of "Left" possible.

CR