Moderator's note

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 06:49:28 MST 2002

--- Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:
> I have just unsubbed Cort Travis and Mohammad J. Alam.

To quote a certain Cuban: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

There is nothing - and I mean NOTHING - that irritates me more than
someone who has found The Truth (tm). Politically, religiously,
whatever. It's an obnoxious attitude and, when trying to push the
struggle forward, it's completely counterproductive.

> In
> order to achieve political clarity towards that end, we must avoid
> the
> temptation to view those we disagree with as Kautskyites, Stalinists,
> etc.

You only say that because you're a Stalinist Proyectite out to divert
workers' attention away from the One True Path. ;-)

> That is what we need here, not
> bunch of hot air about who is carrying Lenin's escutcheon.

Which is interesting, because I'm fairly certain that were he alive
Vladimir Ilyich would be giving most - if not all - of us a good,
much-needed, slap upside the head.

Adam

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.' "
                             -- Dave Barry