Follow-up on Mohammad J. Alam

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 08:46:07 MST 2002

On Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:21:11 -0500 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:

>Mohammad is an accomplished web artist
> who sent
> me copies of his work, including an image of a rather heroic-looking
> Che
> Guevara not more than 6 months ago. So in the span of less than a
> year, he
> has "seen the light" on Cuba and presumably will no longer waste
> his
> talents in producing that kind of iconography. He has also been a
> member of
> 2 different revolutionary organizations that he resigned over
> political
> differences, also in the span of a year or so. This adds up to a
> rather
> volatile picture and a rather sad one at that.

I think that we should keep in mind that he is only eighteen years old.
Such political behavior is not uncommon for people his age.  Kids that
age
will often go through a number of different organizations until they
find one that they are comfortable with.  It often take people years
before they are able to develop a stable, coherent political outlook.

Jim F.

> Louis Proyect
> Marxism mailing list: http://www.marxmail.org

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!