Wed., Feb. 13: Staughton Lynd on the Lucasville Five (@ U of Cincinnati)
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 8 14:26:45 MST 2002
Wednesday, February 13
As reported in the _Columbus Dispatch_ (Jon Craig, "Lucasville Rioter
Facing Death Penalty Wins Retrial," _Columbus Dispatch_, 7 Feb. 02,
pg. 01A), one of the five prisoners, James Were, who was sent to
death row as a result of the 1993 Lucasville uprising has been
granted a new trial.
Who Killed Officer Vallandingham?
The state of Ohio doesn't know, but it's ordered the execution of two
black Sunni Muslims and two white prisoners anyway.
Staughton Lynd, renowned historian of social justice movements and
labor lawyer explains:
* the role Cincinnati prosecutors played in this miscarriage of justice
* how black and white alliances among prisoners were targeted by prosecutors
* why two black men and two white men are scheduled to be executed
for Vallandingham's death, yet there is no direct evidence leading to
Come out on February 13 at 7 PM, University of Cincinnati, Old
Chemistry Building, Rm. 527
Take to exit 3.
Turn left onto Hopple/US 52.
At light, slight left onto Martin Luther King Jr (not the hard Left).
Take MLK Jr. Dr. all the way up the hill.
Park and walk to the center of campus.
Old Chem building is in the center.
Take to exit 3. Merge onto William Howard Taft.
Stay straight to go onto Jefferson Ave.
Turn Left onto Martin Luther King Dr.
Park. head toward the main part of campus.
the Old Chemistry Building is in the center of campus.
The event is free to the public. Help us get the word out.
Sponsored by Phi Beta Sigma, Theta Phi Beta, Delta delta Delta,
Latinos en Action, Alpha Tau Nu
For more information, call Wesley Hogan at 513-965-0658.
* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
* Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html>
* Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism