what to make of "conspiracy theories"? Petition

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Sun Feb 10 22:55:18 MST 2002

as per Marco's query, I fwd this that came to me today
(it has close to 7,000 signers so far;
I don't kow anything about its origins):

http://www.petitiononline.com/11601TFS/petition.html

To:  The U.S. Senate

    Petition to the Senate to Investigate Oddities Involving 9/11
Terrorist Attacks

    We, the undersigned, do hereby petition the Senate of the United
States of America to thoroughly investigate the events surrounding
the acts of terrorism that transpired in the United States on
September 11, 2001. Such an investigation would include research
into the following peculiarities relating to the terrorist attacks
on the United States on 9/11:

    1.) Thousands of put stock options that were purchased on United
and American airlines immediately prior to 9/11/01

    2.) Financial transactions totaling more than 100 million dollars
that electronically passed through the World Trade Center immediately
prior to its destruction on 9/11

    3.) Black-box recordings from the four planes which crashed on 9/11

    4.) Cell phone calls made by passengers on hijacked flights on 9/11
which never emerged on their cell-phone bills

    5.) Interviews of any air-traffic controllers on duty on 9/11

    6.) Eyewitness accounts detailing Flight 93's explosion prior to
its crashing

    7.) Aircraft debris strewn approximately seven miles from the crash
site of Flight 93

    8.) Unocal's role in its quest to build an oil pipeline across
Afghanistan, plans implemented prior to 2001

    9.) Carlyle Corporation's role in overseeing Unocal's quest to have
an oil pipeline built across Afghanistan, plans implemented prior to
2001

    10.) Role of remote-control software technology implemented in 9/11
hijackings and crashes

    11.) George W. Bush's possible foreknowledge of the terrorist
attacks on 9/11

    12.) Role of the Northern Alliance in explosive growth of opium
production in Afghanistan after U.S. military intervention

    We respectfully petition the Senate to make public the results of
this investigation.

    Sincerely,

    The Undersigned