what to make of "conspiracy theories"?

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Mon Feb 11 13:22:34 MST 2002

At 12:20 PM 2/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyway, this is not the part of the puzzle that bothers me. What gets me is
>the contention by the government that an open-air jet fuel (kerosene) fire
>can melt steel.

think structural weakening rather melting. think high-temperature creep
rather than fluid flow. look at some of the news clips on PBS stations
which show pieces of metal which held the supports for the floors joists
being twisted like a pretzel rather than melted off.

think construction and design practices in an advanced capitalist society.

les schaffer