Forwarded from AUD

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Feb 12 11:56:23 MST 2002

Friends, please post and circulate. Thanks, Matt Noyes

February 12, 2002

1. February's legal rights and organizing question: "It has been six
months since I filed my grievance and the Chief Steward has not told
me anything. I'm tired of being jerked around
 do I have to go
through the union? Can I just take the company to court myself?"
Check out the whole question and our answer, send us your comments,
and ask your own question! See
http://uniondemocracy.org/Legal/faqs.htm

2. Articles from the latest Union Democracy Review: Charleston
Longshore unions win major victory, by Matt Noyes and California
State Employees fight to stay in SEIU. Plus, "The "politics" of DOL
enforcement" by Herman Benson, from the January $100 Plus Club News.
See http://uniondemocracy.org/UDR/UDRhome.htm

3. News from the Women's Project: The AUD Women's Project/Women of
Ground Zero have won NOW-NYC's Susan B Anthony award -
congratulations to Jane and the sisters!; Reception for Tradeswomen
and their allies at the founding conference of Tradeswomen Now and
Tomorrow (TNT) -- March 8th in NYC. See
http://uniondemocracy.org/Women's/wporg.htm

4. Save the date! AUD's National Construction Workers Conference will
be in Brooklyn, New York, on Friday May 31st and Saturday June 1st.
Please help spread the word and fill out the survey on this site.
Call for more information. See
http://uniondemocracy.org/Education/audevents.htm#construction

5. New Links: Workers Independent News Service. "WINS gives working
people a voice in the news media;" KC Labor: An Internet
Port-of-Entry for Working People. "With resources and links to
unions, legal rights information and more
"; The Bullpen. "an online
newsletter for ATU 587 members who work for King County Metro." See
http://uniondemocracy.org/Resources/AUDLinks.htm

More membership and donation information available at
www.uniondemocracy.org or by calling 718-855-6650

Association for Union Democracy
500 State Street Brooklyn NY 11217
718-855-6650
mailto:aud at igc.org
http://www.uniondemocracy.org

"Union Democracy--For a Strong Labor Movement"

mailto:aud at igc.org
http://www.uniondemocracy.org

"Union Democracy--For a Strong Labor Movement"

Louis Proyect