what to make of "conspiracy theories"?

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 11:48:59 MST 2002

--- Derrick O'Keefe <sankara83 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> "The working class must reject all forms of fake science, exageration
> and
> crankism...They feed into the conspiracy nostrums that are floated in
> the
> working class and labor movement, taking workers' eyes off the true
> source
> of such social ills: the capitalists and their profit system" Jack
> Barnes,
> from Capitalism's World Disorder.

OK, maybe Jack has *some* of the answers...

I haven't read that book, as I was gradually becoming fed up with the
SWP as they were printing/pushing it. But I happen to be totally in
agreement with him on this point.

Adam

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.' "
                             -- Dave Barry