New at RedGlobe

Red Globe sammler at communards.de
Wed Feb 13 18:39:58 MST 2002

Dear Comrades,

beside this stories, you will find some others at the site....

Iran: Statement of Tudeh Party
The Statement of the Central Committee of the Tudeh Party of Iran:  The
Tudeh Party of Iran Strongly Condemns the Intrusive and Dangerous Nature of
 George W. Bush\'s Speech

(From the editorial of \"Nameh Mardom\", Central Organ of the Tudeh Party
of Iran No. 627, 5th February, 2002)

George W. Bush\'s \"State of the Union\" Speech in the U.S. congress on
Jan 29, about continuing \"the American war against terrorism\" and
threatening Iran, Iraq and North Korea by calling them the \"Axis of
Evil\" has given rise to great concern among all the people around the
world. Some countries in the European Union and the Middle East, Russia,
and other countries around the world taken aback at this new stance by
the leaders of the United States, have expressed their surprise and
opposition to the statements made by George Bush.

The Tudeh Party of Iran and other progressive and patriotic forces of
Iran and the Middle East condemn these irresponsible and inflammatory
statements; we are deeply concerned about the dangers threatening the
region\'s political stability and the future of our countries.

http://www.placerouge.info/article.php?sid=84&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

A local protest -Some global words Protest in San Francisco -
20th February AN OPEN INVITATION

LOCAL PROTEST:
WED FEB 20th - 4:30 pm
SF FEDERAL BUILDING
450 Golden Gate Avenue
SF CA

First they came for the Communists and I didn't speak
up because I wasn't a
Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't
speak up because I
wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for
the Catholics and I
didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they
came for me, but by
that time, no one was left to speak up. Pastor
Martin Niemoeller, Nazi
Germany

We call on people everywhere to participate in a
National Day of Solidarity
with Muslim, Arab and South Asian Immigrants. The
words of Pastor Niemoeller spell out the challenge facing all of us as people
who seek justice and a
better world. This time, first they are coming for the
Arab, Muslim and South Asian immigrants.

http://www.placerouge.info/article.php?sid=78&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Australia: New Secret Police ASIO -- THE NEW SECRET POLICE

New legislation to be introduced by the Howard Government represents the
most dangerous offensive against civil liberties and democratic rights
yet seen in Australia. The new Espionage and Related Offences Bill, to
come before Parliament at an as yet unspecified time, gives the
Government and its agencies, particularly the spy organisation ASIO,
broad powers to arrest, detain and interrogate suspects. Law enforcement
bodies and spy organisations will be given free rein to trample on basic
freedoms.

Jules Andrews and Marcus Browning

The legislation shifts the burden of proof onto defendants, allows for
the prosecution and jailing of public servant "whistle-blowers" and
takes away the right to remain silent. These new powers will effectively
turn ASIO into a secret police body, totally unaccountable and add to
the draconian "shoot to kill" powers the Government gave to the military
in the lead-up to the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

(The "shoot to kill" powers were contained in the Defence Legislation
Amendment (Aid to the Civil Authorities) Bill, which allows for the use
of the armed forces against Australian citizens engaged in "domestic
violence", a vague term which includes strikes, demonstrations and
riots. It allows the military to use "deadly force", i.e. shoot people
with impunity.)

The new offence of terrorism is a deadly catch-all. According to the
Attorney-General, "These offences will cover violent attacks and threats
of violent attacks intended to advance a political, religious or
ideological cause which is directed against or endanger Commonwealth
interests."

http://www.placerouge.info/article.php?sid=82&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

http://www.placerouge.info
freehosting for radical left sites.