some scientific causality, but...

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 16:42:26 MST 2002

Hear, hear, Steve Drury!

I have met scientists who tell me that marxism makes sense to them
because it provides the most sensible exlanation of why things happen,
which is what they want to find out in the physical world.
That doesn't mean they are going to do anything about it themselves
though, so I guess their analysis would be better described as
"marxian".
I wonder which departments are least progressive?
I would hazard the applied fields, esp. in chemistry.
A historian told me over beers once that he agreed with my marxist
analysis but also felt that the powers that be are too great, and
likened the current US grip to Byzantium ca. 500 CE.