mysterious rash and fever affecting children in OH, PA, VA, OR and Brooklyn

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Fri Feb 15 22:20:32 MST 2002

[ html attachments stripped. please post them in plain text format or
provide links to sites. Les ]

    A parent at my son's school told me she had heard of a mysterious rash
and fever that has already affected large numbers of children in Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Virginia, Oregon and Brooklyn, New York. The ailment is
apparently not serious, but its widespread incidence and rapid onset is
alarming. She did an internet search and found local articles about the
illness, which I've attached, but no effort was made to relate the
widespread instances of the illness, nor to invoke the CDCs. I've attached
the articles she sent me. Does anyone have any further information about
this?

Mike