estimates of child casualties in U.S. wars?

marco R cuito61 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:48:57 MST 2002

Interesting question.  i did a little searching around and I found this:

"We note data from the FAO showing that more than 560,000 children have
already died since the war ended and that the current monthly figure of
deaths of small children surpasses 5,000 with another 5,000 for persons over
the age of 14." - http://www.webcom.com/hrin/parker/c96-20.html

i honestly couldnt find much else in terms of specific statistics.  maybe
the information is hard to come by, maybe my searching skills aint so hot,
maybe a little bit of both.

on a related note, I would like to know the numbers as to how many children
were born with birth defects as a result of the use of Agent Orange in
Vietnam.  And how about the numbers of children that die every day as a
result of the policies of the WTO/WB/IMF and their country's payment of
external debt?