the "creditor class" and national debt?

marco . cuito61 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:06:07 MST 2002

I was wondering if someone can offer an explanation and/or point me towards
some material on the phenomenon of upward transfer of wealth from the poor
and working class to the so-called "creditor class," and how this "creditor
class" actually benefits from maintaining a certain level of U.S. national
debt.

///////
Yesterday we bowed for kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today,
we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.
-Kahlil Gibran

The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what Americans
think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda accomplishments
of the dominant political mythology. -Michael Parenti

We declare our right on this earth ... to be a human being, to be respected
as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society,
on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any
means necessary. -Malcolm X
\\\\\\\