Forwarded from Anthony (petty swipe at Jose)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Feb 21 06:49:42 MST 2002

I am glad Jose completely agrees with the points I made about language.

He wrote,

"I agree completely with the points Anthony makes.

"The point I was driving at --I guess I must not have worded it too well--
that it wasn't simply a question of language involved with the Miskitus,
but a *national* question, a political question of which language is a
part. This in response to the person who wrote saying essentially that the
FSLN was insensitive to language preferences of the people of the Atlantic
Coast (he didn't put it that way, but that was the gist of the idea)."

My dearest Jose, the person who you were replying to is a leader of the
immmigrants rights movement in California, and was a participant in the
Nicaraguan revolution. He was perfectly clear that the FSLN made serious
mistakes in relation to the language rights of the Miskitos.

Carlos understands the national quesiton in Nicarugua better than most
people, in my humble opinion.

The only error in the discussion was your hysterical reaction, in defense
of your own past.

I am only answering this post on Nicaragua because Jose addressed it to me.
If he addresses another one to me on this subject, I won't respond. Let's
move on.

All the best, Anthony

Louis Proyect