Thu., Feb. 28: "Death's Dream Kingdom: American Culture after 911"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 22 10:03:26 MST 2002

Critical Perspectives on Wars, Classes, & Empires
"Death's Dream Kingdom: the American Culture after 911"

Speaker: Walter Davis
About the Speaker: Walter Davis is a professor of English at the Ohio
State University.  His publications include _Deracination:
Historicity, Hiroshima, and the Tragic Imperative_ (2001), _The
Holocaust Memorial: A Play About Hiroshima_ (2001), _Inwardness and
Existence: Subjectivity in/and Hegel, Heidegger, Marx, and Freud_
(1989), and _Get the Guests: Psychoanalysis, Modern American Drama,
and the Audience_ (1994).