Cass Tech

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Feb 22 11:00:59 MST 2002

 I was supposed to go to Cass Tech , but the year I graduated from 8th grade, they dropped the 9th grade from Cass. I ended up going to military school. This was a very fateful event in my life. I often wonder how my life would have been if I had gone to Cass Tech in 1964 instead of Valley Forge Military Academy (!). Actually, I'm sad everytime I think about it , as "counterfactual hypothetical " as that is. I guess for one thing, I would have been a radical much sooner. I might have met Joe Freeman sooner :>) In those days, they always said that Cass was the number 2 high school in the country next to some school in New York City.

Charles