Rethinking Radical Labor in the 21st Century

marco . cuito61 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:27:42 MST 2002

From: Chuck Munson <chuck at tao.ca>
Subject: (en) labor21k -- Rethinking Radical Labor in the 21st Century

      A - I N F O S  N E W S  S E R V I C E
            http://www.ainfos.ca/

This is a new unmoderated discussion list for activists and working people
who are interesting in talking about labor, class, and work in the 21st
century. As many of us know from daily experience, the nature of capitalism
has dramatically changed from the last time a mass labor movement existed
to challenge it. We have also seen the tremendous gains that the
anti-capitalist movements have made in challenging and discrediting
globalization and other new capitalist schemes. Despite the rhetoric about
an alliance between Teamsters and Turtles, the techniques and methods of
the new direct action movements have been slow to translate into the world
of the workplace.

Possible topics for discussion on this list:

* working with and/or subverting traditional unions
* the changing nature of capitalism
* building solidarity networks
* anti-sexist and anti-racist organizing within our struggle
* new methods of organizing
* workplace sabotage and subversion
* using new forms of direct action in the workplace
* creative methods of promoting class war
* how to get the boss class to fight itself

This list is for people who want to think outside of the box and throw
everything on the table. This is not strictly an anarchist list--a
multiplicity of views is encouraged.

This list is not moderated, but you have to be a member to post to it.

To subscribe:

///
We declare our right on this earth ... to be a human being, to be respected
as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society,
on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any
means necessary. -Malcolm X
///