Feedback on NY Times Zambia article

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Feb 24 17:09:17 MST 2002

(I just received this private note. I strongly suspect that the
sender is on the World Systems Network, which has much more of an
academic orientation than Marxmail and where I crossposted the
article.)

Thank you, Louis, for sending this piece on Zambia.  It makes me
realize how much I take life for granted, how many times I have
indulged in self-pity, when hunger and starvation stalks Zambia.
How remote all academic concerns seem in the face of
accumulating tragedies of life and living.  Bertolt Brecht once wrote
that those who have eaten their fill speak to the hungry of the
wonderful times to come.  Thank you for reminding me of the need
for making the predicament of those with little hope, the only
matter of ultimate concern.  TKG.

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org