textbook

Mike Yates myates at monthlyreview.org
Tue Feb 26 06:47:07 MST 2002

I am going to be teaching a class on labor and the public sector to mainly
union members at the Labor Center of Cornell University in Manhattan.  In
addition to the usual stuff on privatization, I would like to take a more
historical approach and discuss labor and the state throughout (mainly) U.S.
history, dealing with matters of labor law, the state's police power,
labor's view toward nationalization, war, social welfare policy, etc.  Can
anyone recommend possible books to use in such a class?  Must be books that
are not overly technical.

Thaks.  You can reply at this address or mikey at pitt.edu.

Michael Yates