Jonas Savimbi, US Sponsored Terrorist

JOEFREEMEN at aol.com JOEFREEMEN at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 15:08:15 MST 2002

In a message dated Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:20:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Charles Brown" <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> writes:

> Jonas Savimbi, US Sponsored Terrorist
> Charles E. Simmons
>
> Had there been no significant deposits of oil and diamonds in Angola, the
> world would probably never have heard of the Angolan civil war, nor U.S.
> interests in that part of Africa, nor the life and death of Jonas Savimbi and
> his organization, UNITA. .
>
> Portugal, the oldest of the Western colonial powers, began to occupy the rich
> African nation nearly 5 centuries ago, and conducted the profitable slave
> trade from Angola, Mozambique, and Guinea Bissau toward Brazil.  It was the
> economic decline of Portugal in the mid-1970s combined with the peoples'
> heroic struggle for independence in the three colonies, that led to the
> elimination of Portuguese colonialism.
>
> The transition from colonialism to independence was won by armed liberation
> movements in each of the former colonies, but the final change of hands from
> Lisbon to Angola was complicated by the fact that there were three
> organizations in that nation claiming leadership of the struggle. This
> allowed an opportunity for the enemies of Africa to step in and fan the
> flames of disunity, and they leapt at the chance.  The split in the African
> struggle had its counterpart in a split among the African supporters as well.
>
> The situation was further complicated by the division and opposition of the
> international powers during the Cold War--the U.S, the Soviet Union, and The
> People's Republic of China,  consistently viewed each contested zone in
> Africa, Asia and Latin America as an urgent mission to win new converts to
> their ideological camp. Outside supporters, looking for such alignments as an
> indication of political direction, often made their decisions based on
> whether or not a national struggle was supported by East or West.
>
> Jonas Savimbi led the organization, UNITA, National Union for the Total
> Liberation of Angola, based in an area of the Ovumbundu which had about a
> third of the population.  Depending upon when and where he was interviewed,
> Savimbi appealed to tribalism, nationalism, anti-communism, or revolution,
> whichever suited his needs at the time.  When speaking to African American
> audiences, he would claim friendship with Malcolm X. And with international
> revolutionaries, he would invoke the spirit of the Argentine, Che Guevara,
> who became a leader of the Cuban Revolution. In European capitals and in
> Washington D.C.,  Savimbi became the darling of the most racist right wing
> elements and they handsomely financed his terrorist struggle against the
> peoples throughout southern Africa for nearly 30 years.
>
> That was a perfect fit for U.S. foreign policy makers who have for centuries
> y opposed justice and independence for peoples of color whether it involved
> stealing land from the original Americans or the Mexicans, or trampling the
> peoples of the Philippines, Haiti and Cuba or of supporting apartheid
> [...]

Charles, General, Luke and the rest of their Crew went to Cuba in the early days of its revolution and came back to the states on fire. The rest is history. The organization of an advandced sector of the proletariat was their work. This was the early and late 1960s. Jonas S. was always a rat, which brother Charles state most clearly. I couldn't vote for Charles in the last election to the Detroit City Council, but I workered for him M. Taylor and Maryann of course. September 11, messed up the election. The election made me want to move to Detroit and leave this small enclave. I have the "Taylor Made" leaflet somewhere on file that was passed out.

Excellent propaganda from a horse. On to final victory.

Joe F.