Support for the organs of the Free State

snnoonan snnoonan at msn.com
Thu Feb 28 21:27:43 MST 2002

The Adams quote I posted comes from RTE interview from 24 Feb 02, as reported
Monday by RTE, Irish Times, and the Irish Independent.

The Irish Independent (25 Feb 02) has Adams saying: "I think there's only one
army in the State and there's only one police service,"

The Irish Times (25 Feb 02) has Adams saying: "We are very, very clear in terms
of our recognition and acceptance and support for the Garda Síochána as the only
legitimate policing service in the State and also in terms of the legitimacy of
the defence forces as the only legitimate force."

Sean Noonan