Freemasons, Fraternities and cults

Bethuel Lamola LamolaBB at telkom.co.za
Mon Jul 1 05:37:42 MDT 2002

Hi

I was wondering if there is a Marxist perspective on Fraternities,
cults and secret societies. Is this another variable in the Capitalist
equation of exclusivity. Did Marx say anything about this particular
issue.

This thought was inspired by a local Talkshow in which the Freemasons
were discussed. It got me thinking when people started saying things
like: 'Freemasons rule the world, manipulate markets, look after each
other etc. Some went to the extent of saying 'almost all the American
Presidents are Freemasons'. Is this true ? If so, is there a Marxist
analysis to explain it all.

Cheers
Bethuel