Just a thought

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Fri Jul 12 12:16:44 MDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Proyect" <lnp3 at panix.com>

> In contrast to the rarefied world
> of New Left Review and Verso books, the rude, misspelled comments of
> undergraduates bring these kinds of people down to earth. Furthermore, I
> honestly don't care if somebody is a good teacher or not.

But if we cannot teach, who will learn?  My own radicalisation came from being
with a very good teacher, in many ways. Because she was good and also downright
fascist (she said that Franco was neccessary to restore order in Spain), she
literally scared me into radicalism "to stop people like her".

    I think we should be a lot more concerned about the ability of radical profs
to actually communicate with their students. It goes a long way, does it not?

Macdonald