Blackfoot Documents at Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies.

Craven, Jim jcraven at clark.edu
Sun Jul 14 17:35:24 MDT 2002

 It is "Indian Days" (rodeos, fancy-dancing, fry bread etc) in Blackfoot
country and literally hundreds of Blackfoot are being approached by
activists and have read and signed their agreement with the Constitution (we
are dutifully recording all suggestions for additions or changes to be
discussed and incorporated in mass meetings); they are all risking a great
deal just giving their signatures. We are not having a "Constitutional
Convention" to be convened and held by elites to craft a Constitution whose
language and structure are designed to institutionalize and perpetuate the
rule, power and property of those elites e.g. U.S. and most of the other
Constitutions); our Constitution and demand for recognition of traditional
governments will come from and be ratified by the so-called "governed"
themselves.

For those who might be interested, the Draft Constitution and other
documents have been posted at the Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
at the University of Minnesota (my old alma mater) at
http://www.chgs.umn.edu under "Histories, Documents and Narratives".

Special thanks goes to Dr. Stephen Feinstein, Director of the Center for
Holocaust and Genocide Studies at the University of Minnesota for
caring--and having courage--enough to post our documents and issues.

Jim Craven