question on US population

Tom O'Lincoln red_sites at eudoramail.com
Sun Jul 21 23:57:27 MDT 2002

Comrades

I'm trying to work out the relative weight of demonstrations of a certain size in the US versus Australia. Obviously the US has a much larger population base. But to put the question more specifically: how many people live within day-trip distance of New York City? If I know that, I can understand the significance of a demonstration of, say, 100,000 people held in New York.

Any Marxist demographers out there who can help?

thanks
Tom