prepare your grain of salt: "Osama Bin Laden, Meet Your Closest Kin: Karl Marx"

Jacob Levich jlevich at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 23 18:07:40 MDT 2002

I knew the author, Jonathan Rauch, in college. Everyone called him The Twat
and made merciless fun of him, because he never had an original thought in
his life and was obnoxious, socially inept, and pretentious without even
being very good at it. I suppose that qualifies him well as a mainstream
pundit.  You'll note how transparently he apes Thomas Friedman.

jake