Thinking out loud

viveka kaliyuga at humboldt1.com
Thu Jul 25 18:13:07 MDT 2002

I forwarded Mark's comments to a friend who came back with the following:

I am of the opinion that there is a wildcard here that Mark has failed to
list (or at least emphasize)...A wounded imperial (US) bear with nuclear
weapons is an historically unparalled situation...Former empires had no
choice but to recede 'gently into that good night' when their economies
failed....I don't pretend to any crystal-ball, but I'm a little surprised to
see the lack of analysis/speculation re: the nuclear factor.

T.