Notes on Turkish film

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 4 07:39:53 MST 2002

masood nawaz wrote:

>You have branded Justice and Developmental Party as the Islamic Oriented, i
>failed to understand this term please tell me what does this mean as we in
>Pakistan have seen Islamic Fundamentalist are Fanatics with beard an the other
>without beard.  is this also true in case of Turkey Masood Nawaz

Sabri Oncu or Xxxx Xxxxxx can probably expand on this, but this party
has vowed not to attack any of the secular gains of the Kemalist
revolution. It has also pledged not to challenge IMF austerity. However
you want to describe this party, fanatical is not the word that comes to
mind.

--

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org