marxmail list demographics: Nov 2002

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Nov 9 14:51:09 MST 2002

At 10:45 AM 11/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>non-US also possible from these addresses:
>
>              com:
>                           btinternet:        3
>                                  aol:       28
>                                yahoo:       37
>                                 juno:        2
>                              hotmail:       18

Actually, I can tell you that many of these addresses are non-USA. As
moderator of Marxmail, I have frequent contact with non-USA'ers who are
using web-based email. My guess is that probably half the 88 people in the
group above are from outside the USA. When you combine that with the 150 or
so people who are clearly identifiable by the suffix of their domain (eg.,
.au = Australia, etc.), you have a breakdown of about 50 percent between
USA'ers and the rest of the world. Of course, this is the way it should be
if we are going to achieve a genuinely global forum.