MICHAEL NEUMANN: unprincipled attack on

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Mon Nov 11 01:46:53 MST 2002

Mike:

"Boy, are you off base. And a little too young to know about the
divestment struggle of the late 70s."

Your rebuttal would have been better without that lead.
Junaid's made excellent contributions. (Additive.)

After my mental redaction of those first two sentences,
I found your letter well argued.  (Additive.)

In fact, this current thread developed well, thrashing through multiple
analyses, with clear arguments and useful examples that force us to
confront issues we necessarily should, as well as invoking others.

As for the argument about anti-imperialism, it comes at a most
propitious moment for me.  I just began reading John Bellamy Foster's
Review of the Month (November) in Monthly Review:
The Rediscovery of Imperialism
http://www.monthlyreview.org/1102jbf.htm