Why antiwar fighters should not be fazed by election results

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:12:15 MST 2002

Jose Perez wrote:

>And it makes me feel even more uncomfortable with this "People's
>Antiwar Referendum" *gimmick.*  Gee, couldn't we come up with a more
>passive, more demobilizing, more atomizing, more non-struggle tactic
>than clicking on a web link? How about telling everyone to go home
>and pray for peace?

I thought the same thing about <http://www.votenowar.org/>, and then,
it occurred to me that WW/IAC/ANSWER organizers might be simply using
it to collect the names and contact info of activists for future
actions, without thinking that www.votenowar.org would work in itself.

What's the content of the action on January 18?  A march, plain and simple?
--
Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>