(fwd from Ozleft) Copycatism

Alan Bradley abradley1 at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 25 17:38:47 MST 2002

Steve Painter's account seems to match up with other accounts that I have
heard of the 1983 expulsions/split pretty well.

I still think that the "anti-discussion" thing is exaggerated. That is, I
don't think that the layers of comrades that joined after '83 were
particularly affected by it. Part of the current situation, I suspect, is
that the now-veteran layers from, say, 86 onwards, and some comrades from
before then, are asserting themselves, while the founding layer are getting
on a bit.

The result should be interesting, and hopefully good.

Alan Bradley
abradley1 at bigpond.com