Cockburn's supposed "Stalinism"

Mark Jones markjones011 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 16:21:07 MST 2002

Probably it's better to let go of it, David. There is a whole other view
about what happened in Spain, and it's what you would call Stalinist
apologetics, or indeed just plain vanilla Stalinism. Me personally, I could
also go on for hours about why the Spanish communist party was right and why
the anarchists, POUM, Trotskyists were wrong, in the wider scheme of things.
But who is gonna be persuaded that any of it even matters, at this distance?
Oh, well, please yourself, you will anyway. But in my book your relentless,
tedious anti-Stalinism is just another kind of redbaiting.

Mark