Northern California students meet in SF to plan mass action

Fred Feldman ffeldman at bellatlantic.net
Tue Nov 26 21:47:17 MST 2002

Meeting of the Minds -- Northern California schools and anti war student
groups coming together to plan next coordinated MASS ACTION

Walk-outs/Actions at Army recuiters and ROTC's/MASS Student-Youth
Convergence

Bring Ideas and THINK BIG. THE POTENTIAL IS GREAT!

WHEN: Dec 5th at 6:30pm

WHERE: University of San Francisco (USF) See below for directions
Contact: Abby 415-422-8373 email: ajstepnitz at usfca.edu or Xochitl 510
847-6140 redxochi at yahoo.com

THE Nov 20th NOT IN OUR NAME National Day of Student Youth Resistance was a
tremendous success. Reports are still pouring in from Chico, Los Angeles,
New York(Please see hella cool pictures at http://nyc.indymedia.org/), Santa
Cruz, Sonoma, Miami, Hawaii and beyond. Big shout out to the Northern
California heads who came out to really show the potential and power of a
generation determined to not let George Bush, Dick Cheney and Colin Powell
decide the future of humanity. A generation has made it's stand clear. USF
has agreed to host a meeting to sum up the different actions--walk-outs,
army recruiter take-overs, rallies, stickering and more. AND MORE TO MAKE
plans for coordinated actions on the Dec 10th actions called by Global
Exchange and the "Day of" actions if and when the US starts its war with
Iraq.
If we want to coordinate Northern California wide walk-outs or even
STATEWIDE WALKOUTS and MASS Student-Youth Convergences like they did in New
York then we gotta start planning now! And in the spirit of the High School
youth from Santa Rosa who organized their walk-out in a week and a half we
gotta be unleashed and determined. The NY walkouts and the actions at SF
City College and in Sonoma and Santa Cruz and all over are all over the
media. We've been getting calls from The Nation Magazine and the Chronical
and Newsweek. They all want to know what is next for the student movement.
The whole world is watching and depending on us!!! Let us come together and
plot to make our resistance real!!!
Here are directions
USF  2130 Fulton St.   San Francisco, Ca 94118   Crossroads Cafe, the
basement of the University Center  next to Jamba Juice
>From the North:  US-101 S toward SAN FRANCISCO.  Merge onto CA-1 S toward
19TH AVE/GOLDEN GATE PARK.   RIGHT onto CLEMENT ST.   LEFT onto 14TH AVE.
LEFT onto GEARY BLVD.   RIGHT onto STANYAN ST.   LEFT onto FULTON ST.
>From the S/E:  580 West 80 West   Straight to Fell St. Exit  Fell to Masonic
Right on Masonic  Left on Fulton
BART: San Francisco Bound Train   Get off at Powell St. or Civic Center
Take the Fulton 5, get off at Fulton and Clayton