Sports Utility Vehicles: They aren't going away -- unless we start organizing to make them go away!

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Wed Nov 27 11:47:00 MST 2002

... and I don't buy sweeping statements of approval for all vehicles
just because they happen to have off-road capability. A four-wheel
drive vehicle just doesn't have to be as large and gas-inefficient as
an SUV.  And you should have told Adam, "try relating to Madison
Avenue or Detroit" instead of "try relating to the working class..."
That's where the idea of promoting and marketing these monstrosities
and getting them classified as trucks came from. And by the way THAT
and not banning them was the focus of the article. Make them comply
with fuel and safety standards.

Mike