marxism-digest V1 #5207

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Wed Nov 27 11:55:27 MST 2002

I didn't see any mention of this in the article, but Humberto Belli
was the Minister of Education under Violeta Chamorro. Belli, a
Charismatic catholic with ties to Opus Dei, was infamous for
privatizing public schools, burning textbooks used in schools under
the Sandinistas and introducing catechism and Catholic morality into
public school classrooms.

Mike