Arctic Ice Melting Much Faster Than Thought: maybe they'll make amphibious SUVs

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 30 02:48:12 MST 2002

--- Mike Friedman <mikedf at amnh.org> wrote:
> Globe & Mail
> November 28, 2002
>

> Arctic Ice Melting Much Faster Than Thought
>

> The cause of all this warmth, said Tom Agnew, a
> research
> meteorologist with the Meteorology Service of
> Canada, is linked to
> the greenhouse-gas emissions that humans are pumping
> into the
> atmosphere as they burn fossil fuels.

The people who rule us are only in it for the money.
Most of the energy money is invested in fossil fuel
technologies.  The science and technology exist to run
internal combustion engines on hydrogen.  Capitalism
is the true fetter on producion.  It's basically set
for self-destruct now.  Hopefully, we'll wake up
before the whole shit-house goes up in flames and set
up a society of our own, one where the condition for
the freedom of each is the condition for the freedom
of all.

Mike B)

=====
"Man first begins to philosophize when the necessitites of life are supplied."  Aristotle

"determinatio est negatio"  Spinoza

"There are no ordinary cats."  Colette

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal