Forwarded from Dave McReynolds

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Sep 7 14:18:55 MDT 2002

(please pass on to other lists or friends in NYC area)

Friends,

I have an elderly friend who is terminally ill, in hospice care. When I
last  saw her, she was determined to make it down to Washington Square
on Tuesday  evening to join the vigil, wheel chair and all.

If she can make it, so can we all. A very broad coalition, including
relatives of those who lost family and friends in the 9/11 attack, and
many  peace and social justice groups (ranging from War Resisters
League, which has  provided staffing for this, to Fellowship of
Reconcilation, American Friends  Service Committee, Pax Christi, Jews
for Racial and Economic Justice, a broad  range of Islamic groups, etc.)
has been formed around a vigil to start . . .  .

7 p.m. in Washington Square Park

from 7 to 10 p.m., there will be speakers (including Amy Goodman,
Vandana  Shiva, Manning Marable, Dan Berrigan, and many many others) and
music,  concluding at 10 p.m. with silence.

 From 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. there will be a candlelight vigil in the Park.

 From 7 to 10 a.m. the morning of the 11th, there will be speakers,
music,  and silence.

This is a vigil and demonstration against all wars and violence, and
coming  as it does on the eve of a Congressional debate on Iraq, this
vigil has very  special importance.

Please circulate this to your friends and lists.

Peace, David McReynolds

--

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org