Join the struggle for immigrant rights!

John Paramo albatrosrojo2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 21:47:09 MDT 2002

OCTOBER 12 - MISSION DISTRICT - SAN FRANCISCO

JOIN US IN DEFENDING IMMIGRANTS
FOR A GENERAL, IMMEDIATE AMNESTY FOR ALL UNDOCUMENTED
WORKERS
SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATE - IMMIGRANT PRIDE DAY 2002

 MORE THAN 50 ORGANIZATIONS TO SPONSOR
IMMIGRANT PRIDE DAY 2002

 MORE THAN 100 ARTISTS AND PERFORMERS IN TWO
STAGES
THROUGHOUT THE DAY

 OVER 100 BOOTHS AND TABLES WITH INFORMATION
WORSHOPS, SPEECHES, POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS AND COMMUNITY
DISCUSSIONS

 PLEASE, FIND BELOW DESCRIPTION OF EVENT AND
COUPON TO ENDORSE!

 More than ever, papers for all!

 Unconditional amnesty for all undocumented
workers

 Solidarity with the people of the world under
attack and with the immigrants at home under siege by
the Patriot Act and other reactionary legislation.

 Against Racism, profiling and discrimination.

 Defending our rights in the workplace and in
the communities.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12 – 11AM to 5 PM

Dear Friends:

After September 11, we saw the unleashing of an
anti-immigrant hysteria in the United States expressed
in incidents of hate crimes, arrests without cause,
raiding of homes and communities and reactionary
legislation such as the Patriot Act. The Office of
Homeland Security has just been created, threatening
everyone’s civil rights, international students are
harassed, talks of a general amnesty were shun and
forgotten. Airport immigrant workers are being fired,
while many jobs at the state and federal level, and in
companies doing businesses with the state, are being
taken away from immigrants and immigrant workers in
general are being discriminated and suffering the
brunt of the recession.

At the same time, from Africa to Asia to Latin
America, our homelands and countries are being put
under suspicion. From Colombia to Yemen and from
Argentina to Mexico to the Middle East, the
interventionist policies of the Bush administration
are jeopardizing our people there and creating
discrimination and hate here.

For years we have worked together to extend full civil
rights to all immigrants. It is now the time to
continue the struggle and call for the legalization of
all undocumented immigrant workers. Our communities
need the right to work, the access to social and
educational services, labor protections and the right
to organize into unions, the right of mobility and the
right of re-unification with their families. Our
communities have been in the invisibility zone for too
long and are now being accused unfairly of terrorism.
Immigrants are not terrorists, they are workers and
families that contribute to society.

Community organizations, community activists, civil
rights advocates, unions, churches, etc. need to come
together and express our solidarity and continue the
struggle for immigrant rights. This is why we invite
you to be part of Immigrant Pride Day 2002, a cultural
and political festival to take place on October 12,
from 11 to 5 pm, on 24th Street in the Mission
District of San Francisco.

Please, fill the endorsement form attached and let’s
start working together in this crucial event.

In struggle,
Berta Hernandez
Immigrant Pride Day 2002 Organizing Committee
Immigrant Rights Movement (MDI)

Organizers:

Instituto Familiar de la Raza
Movimiento por los Derechos de los Inmigrantes
Left Party
Frontlines Newspaper

Initial List of Endorsers:

CARECEN; La Raza Centro Legal; El Buen Samaritano;
Family Resource Center; COLMAN Advocates; Poder; St.
Peter’s Housing Committee; San Francisco Immigrant
Rights Commission; Glaziers Architectural Metal &
Glass Workers Union; Progressive Left;  Ellas en
Acción-National Center for Lesbian Rights ; Asian
Women’s Center; La Casa de los Jóvenes; United Farm
Workers of America; Vietnamese Residents’ Association;
Pilipinos for Affirmative Action; Immigrant Labor
Organizing Committee; Citizens Project; International
Indian Treaty Council; Horizons Unlimited; Mission
Cultural Center for Latino Arts; West Bay Pilipino
Multi-service center; El Tecolote newspaper; SF Day
Labor Program; Mujeres Unidas y Activas; Arriba
Juntos; Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1555;
December 19 Argentinean Solidarity Committee and
others.

ENDORSEMENT FORM
IMMIGRANT PRIDE DAY 2002
DÍA DE LA RAZA
DÍA DE LOS PUEBLOS INDÍGENAS

SATURDAY OCTOBER 12, 2002

SAN FRANCISCO - MISSION DISTRICT - 10AM - 5PM

More than ever, papers for all!

Unconditional amnesty for all undocumented workers

Solidarity with the people of the world under attack
and with the immigrants at home under siege by the
Patriot Act and other reactionary legislation. Against
Racism, profiling and discrimination. Defending our
rights in the workplaces and in the communities.

Name of the organization:

Contact Person:

Address:

Phone:                                Fax:

E-mail:

[ ] Yes, we sponsor San Francisco Immigrant Pride Day
2002, please accept my contribution of $500.00. This
will guarantee that your organization’s name will be
PROMINENTLY featured in our literature, announced from
the stage at the event, and will have a table and two
chairs.

[ ] Yes, we endorse San Francisco Immigrant Pride Day
2002, please accept my contribution of $300.00. This
will guarantee that your organization’s name will be
featured in our literature, announced from the stage
at the event, and will have a table and two chairs.

[ ] Yes, we support Immigrant Pride Day 2002, please
accept my contribution of $100.00. This will guarantee
a table and two chairs at the event.

[ ] Yes, I support the event. Here is my INDIVIDUAL
contribution of $______ to help with organizing the
event.

[ ] Yes, my organization will help with volunteers for
outreach, preparations of the event, etc.

Please make check or money order payable to Instituto
Familiar de la Raza, Inc. and send it to us by hitting
the replay button in your e-mail program or e-mail it
to:

alternative at sbcglobal.net

and/or mail it to:

Instituto Familiar de La Raza
Att.: Immigrant Pride Day 2002
2919 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110

Or fax this coupon to: (415) 337-5113

For more information call: (415) 452-9992 (Carlos) or
(415) 229-0531 (Berta)

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html