Reply to Marc Cooper

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Sep 13 14:44:41 MDT 2002

On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 03:06  PM, Louis Proyect wrote:

> I don't know about al-Qaeda, which is shrouded in secrecy. I instead
> have in mind the Muslim guerrillas in the Philippines, the Chechen
> rebels, the Hizbollah, etc. All these formations require a much deeper
> analysis than the sort proffered by the Nation Magazine liberals.

Yes, but, unless you have another theory about 9/11, it was done by
al-Qaeda, and it was certainly a significant event, whatever else might
be said about it. I would be interested in a "deeper analysis" of
al-Qaeda, if you have one.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org
How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an
enemy. -- Nietzsche