Reply to Marc Cooper

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Sun Sep 15 22:49:48 MDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 00:32:36 -0400
Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, September 15, 2002, at 03:29  PM, Zak McGregor wrote:
>
> > FWIW, my personal approach is to take the stance that the US Govt is
> > *always* wrong - therefore anyone or anything that it opposes
> > presents at least the lesser of two evils. It may also be naive, but
> > it certainly is a naivite that I am happy living with.
>
> Makes life simple, anyway. Sure saves the trouble of thinking.

Well, in those cases where the US Govt has taken a stance, sure. Put it
this way - I'd have to do an *awful* lot of thinking before siding on
the side of the US Govt in any given situation.

> BTW, does that mean that the U.S. govt. was wrong to fight the Axis in
>
> WW II?

I think it is safe to say that conditions were quite different then -
and the US was far from the hegemony that it is today.

Ciao

Zak