WWII

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Sep 16 20:03:51 MDT 2002

Well said, comrade.  But as you pointed out some time ago WW2 remains the
only war around which the USA was able to generate such a consensus -
thanks in many ways to the role of the CPA.

If we look at the let Japan strike first policy and compare it to Bush's
maneuvers today we can see a remarkable difference. Bush & Co seemed to be
saying to hell with consensus - let's just bomb the crap out of the Iraqis.

Iraq have just yielded on the inspectors, but Bush wants to go to war in
any case.  The next 48 hours should be interesting.

regards

Gary